Google
1-800-FLOWERS.COM
Glenn Reynolds Says
    "I was kicked out of Mardi Gras for being boring. Heh."
Proud Member of the Alliance

The Alliance
  • KP Cubed
  • KP Cubed - Tech
  • The Conservative Cat
  • Basil's Blog
  • Name:
    Location: Louisiana, United States
    • 1. Jimmy Carter
    • 2. Debra Kanof
    • 3. Michael Moore
    • Solomon gave orders to build a temple for the Name of the Lord and a royal place for himself. 2 Chronicles 2:1

    Powered by Blogger

    Please Support Our Sponsors

    Thursday, August 24, 2006

    Shreveport Mayoral Race

    Ok. So the race is set. We have 11, yes 11, people running for Mayor here in Shreveport. It seems to be a fairly diverse group, including different races, genders, economic backgrounds, and experience. Most of these people I have never heard of, some of them, like Ed Bradley, I have heard of too much (his talking points on the TV where horrible).

    So if I had to vote today, I would have no idea about any of them. I am assuming there are other people out there like me, so let’s do a little research together about each candidate. If I miss (or misrepresent) any info about someone, PLEASE let me know. I want this to be as factual as I can make. Also, if there are specific issues you want to know about, let me know that too. Hopefully we can collect enough data to make a truly informed decision, no matter our politics.

    I will be updating this often as I collect more information.

    Here are the candidates:

    Arlena Acree – current city economic development director - Republican
    Vernon Adams – Retied banker - Republican
    Madjun Ali - ? – No party affiliation
    Ed Bradley – former TV executive - Democrat
    Cedric Glover – State representative - Democrat
    Jerry Jones – Attorney - Republican
    Max Malone – State Senator - Republican
    Liz Swaine – Former Mayoral Assistant - Democrat
    Wilson McMullan - ? – No party affiliation
    Henry Hodge-Bey – drug and acohol counselor – No party affiliation
    Tim Goeders - film- and movie-production company owner - Republican

    There you have it. I included websites where possible.

    Crossposted on KP Cubed